New guidelines of Unlock 5 were released on Wednesday by the Maharashtra Government! They will ease more restrictions in a phased manner as part of Mission Begin Again and extended the lockdown till October 31. Good news for people in Mumbai! As the state has allowed dine-in services to restart at restaurants, bars, and food courts from October 5, with a maximum 50 percent occupancy.
Here’s all you need to know about the Unlock 5.0! Read below the new guidelines of Unlock 5 from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
1. Schools, colleges, other educational institutions, cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, gyms, and auditoriums will remain closed in Maharashtra till October 31.
2. Metro rail, social /political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions, and other large congregations will remain on the prohibited list of activities.
3. All trains that are originating and ending their journey within the state shall be restarted. For Mumbai commuters, railways will increase the frequency of local trains in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) region. Also, Dabbawallas have been permitted to travel in local trains after procuring QR codes from the Mumbai Police Commissioner’s Office.
4.The restaurant industry has suffered huge losses during the pandemic, had repeatedly petitioned the chief minister to allow them to reopen. So now the state has allowed dine-in services to restart at restaurants, bars, and food courts from October 5, with a maximum 50 percent occupancy. The tourism department will issue a separate statement of procedure in this regard.
5. All industrial and manufacturing units of non-essential items in the MMR region are allowed to operate.
6. Amid complaints of oxygen shortage for Covid-19 patients, there shall be free movement of oxygen-carrying vehicles within and out of the State without any restrictions of timings.
We suggest taking necessary precautions as now with Unlock 5, there can be a rise in cases. Don’t forget to wash your hands and stay safe.