The first lockdown, which was announced on March 24, was a shock. And we couldn’t wait for the 21 days to be over. But as the cases are increasing day by day, the government has no option but to extend the lockdown duration. And with the fourth nationwide lockdown announced, which the centre advertised as something very different from the previous three, we take a look at the official guidelines. While more activities are been allowed in all three zones except for contaminated areas. Services like public transport, educational institutions, restaurant, political/religious gathering are still prohibited. Here are the guidelines for Lockdown 4.0 till 31 May.
List of prohibited activities
- Domestic and international air travel except for medical services
- Metro rail service.
- School, college and other educational institutes.
- Hospitality sector including hotels and restaurants. Restaurant permitted to open kitchen for home delivery.
- Multiplex, shopping mall, gym, swimming pool, auditorium and assembly halls. Sports complex permitted to open but spectators not allowed.
- All social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and gatherings.
- Religious places of worship.
- Movement of individuals from 7 pm to 7 am
List of permitted activities in all zones
- Interstate road movement.
- Liquor, cigarette and pan shops
- Barbar shop and spa
- Medical clinic and OPD.
- Auto and taxi with one passenger.
- Four-wheelers with driver and two passengers.
- Two-wheelers with pillion rider in green and orange zone and only rider in the red zone.
- Inter and intra-district buses
- Urban industries
- Urban insight construction
- Stand-alone shops in urban areas
- E-commerce delivering essential and non-essential goods.
- Domestic help
- Private and government offices. Full capacity in green and orange zone. Thirty-three per cent capacity in red zones.
- Agricultural activities.
- Courier and postal services are functional.
- Goods traffic
- Bank and finances.
The above mentioned activates are not allowed in contaminated zones.