One thing we're finding difficult to control during lockdown is our cravings. Be it a small snack after breakfast, or some more indulgence in midnight munchies, we are constantly trying to entertain ourselves with food. It's time to buckle up and focus on our health. And, to help you with that, we have found some delicious healthy recipes you can try at home.
By Chef Moina Oberoi- All Good Deli
|Dark Chocolate 72%||300 Gm|
|Coco Powder||100 Gm|
|Organic Raw Sugar||400 Gm|
|Vanilla Essence||5 ML|
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the sugar and butter till it turns nice and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla essence.
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler and gently add it into the mixture.
- Finally, mix in the cocoa powder and form a batter.
- Pour the batter into an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the brownie is set and cooked. Wait for the brownie to cool. Remove and cut into squares. One of the tastiest healthy recipes you can try.
By Chef Sanjana Patel, La Folie
Ingredients for Coriander Pesto:
|Roasted cashew nut||50 gm|
|Olive oil||100 ml|
|Lime juice||15 gm|
- Place all the ingredients in a mixer grinder and blend till you achieve a pesto-like consistency. Keep it in a cold place and store for service.
Ingredients for Assembly and Garnish
|Coriander pesto||30 gm|
|Mixed seeds||4 gm|
|Alfa alfa||3 gm|
|Sourdough Bread, sliced|
- Toast the sourdough bread.
- In a bowl mash the avocado and add salt, pepper and lemon juice and mix well.
- Spread the coriander pesto on a slice of toasted bread and place the avocado mixture on top of it.
- Garnish with mix seeds, alfa alfa and a sprig of coriander. Voila, the perfect healthy recipes for breakfast.
Gluten-Free Cacao Pancakes
by Monaz Irani, Chef & Founder at Plate & Pint
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Almond milk||100 ml|
|Chocolate chips||as per taste|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 tsp|
- Take 1/2 cup oats and grind them to a fine powder
- Add 1/2 tsp of baking powder to the oat “flour”, a pinch of salt, pinch of cinnamon and 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix together
- In a food processor, add 1 banana, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 100 ml almond milk and grind till liquid.
- Add in and mix the dry ingredients and your batter is ready!
- Use a non-stick pan and a few drops of olive oil/butter on low heat.
- Drop a scoop full of batter and flip till ready!!
- You could top up with some chocolate chips (80% dark if you want to be healthy!)
- You can serve with maple syrup/honey/peanut butter or toppings of your choice.
Vegan Buritto Bowl
by Chef Souvik Gupta, Culinary Head at Loft Cafe
|Boiled Red Rice||200g|
|Salt pepper||1 g|
|Boiled Kidney beans||25 g|
|Red Chilli Sauce||85 g|
|Mexican Sprinkler||1 g|
|Roasted cumin powder||to taste|
|Coriander (chopped)||6 g|
|Roasted Cumin powder||1 g|
|Sweet Corn||40 g|
|Raw Spinach||40 g|
|Bell pepper (Juline cut)||40 g|
|Ice burg lettuce (shredded)||25 g|
|Mexican Salsa||35 g|
- Pre-cook the Red rice on a medium flame
- Take a plastic bowl and pour the cooked red rice and season it with salt and pepper and then microwave it for 60 seconds
- Take A Combo Bowl and Toss Red Rice at the bottom of the bowl
- Spread the Guacamole Dip on The First Right Side followed by the Mexican Salsa Dip
- Shred the Ice Berg Lettuce next to the Mexican Salsa dip
- Then arrange the Tossed Cumin Tofu next to the salsa & pour Refried Kidney Bean's On The Tofu
- Arrange the sautéed Sweet Corn next to Toss Tofu
- Now arrange The sautéed Bell Pepper next to the sauté Sweet Corn
- Then arrange Clinted (Sauté Spinach With Garlic Oil) next to the sautéed Bell Pepper
- Your scrumptious yet delicious vegan burrito bowl is now ready to serve. This is one of the most Insta perfect healthy recipes.
Smoked Eggplant Salad
By Taj Jumeirah Lakes Towers
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Yellow bell pepper||1|
|Green bell pepper||1|
|Cherry Tomatoes||1 cup|
|Chilli paste||1 tsp|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|Pine nuts||1/4 cup|
|Rocket Leaves||1/4 cup|
- Smoke the eggplant and peppers over open flame till charred and soft.
- Let it cool and wash off the peel
- Dice the vegetables into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the eggplant, peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, chili paste, lemon juice, salt and olive oil.
- Serve with pine nuts and rocket leaves.
by Chef Devendra Khetle, Rue Du Liban
|Ingredients (for dressing)||Qty|
|Olive oil||3 tbsp|
|Pomegranate molasses||2 tbsp|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 tsp|
|Sumac spice||1/4 tsp|
Method (for dressing)
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with a whisk till it blends well together. Keep it aside for dressing.
|Ingredients (for salad)||Qty|
|Romaine Lettuce||70 g|
|Fresh Mint||10-15 leaves|
|Red Radish (sliced)||1|
|Green Capsicum (diced)||1|
|Small Cucumber (diced)||1|
|Pomegranate seeds||few pieces|
|Pita Bread (toasted)||1|
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly before cutting.
- Add all the vegetables in a bowl and toss well.
- Drizzle the fattoush dressing on the salad and mix it again.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
- Garnish with crispy pita bread.
Ginger & turmeric tofu& kale curry
By Chef Vineet Bahuguna, Hilton Garden Inn, New Delhi/Saket
|Tofu Extra firm||140 gm|
|Curry Powder||5 gm|
|Raw whole turmeric||10 gm|
|Salt/white pepper||as per taste|
|Coconut milk||100 ml|
|Curry Leaves||few sprigs|
|fresh red chili||2|
|Oil||1 table spoon|
- Make a paste of garlic, ginger & raw turmeric & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan & add curry leaves to it till it crackle.
- Add the ginger, garlic & turmeric paste to the pan.
- Sauté it at medium flame & don’t let it stick onto the bottom.
- Add fresh red chili & curry powder to the pan and sauté for a minute more.
- Add in a ladle of stock/water. Add seasoning to it.
- Add the kale & coconut milk &let it simmer.
- Add in the tofu to the pan and let it simmer for a minute ensuring the tofu doesn’t break.
- Remove from pan served hot garnished with shredded ginger.