Come May, temperatures are soaring, shorts and tees are our everyday wardrobe, and cold water is stocked in the fridge. And this year, it's extra harsh. Not being able to go out and get some fresh breeze is definitely getting to us. But worry not, we found some easy summer cooler recipes to help you cool down.
Watermelon & Basil Mary
By Nilesh Patel, Beverage Head (West), Impresario Handmade Restaurants
|Watermelon Juice||120 ml|
|Worcestershire Sauce||3-4 dash|
|Fresh lime juice||20 ml|
|Sugar syrup||10 ml|
|Freshly crushed pepper and salt||To taste|
- Muddle Basil leaves along with Tabasco, Worcestershire Sauce, fresh lime juice and sugar syrup till you get a whiff of the basil.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the watermelon juice. One can also rim the glass with salt (optional)
- Finish the drink with freshly crushed black pepper and salt.
- Give it a stir and enjoy the drink.
Strawberry Summer Blast
By Mr. Prashant Chaudhry, F&B AGM, Smaaaash Entertainment
|Strawberry Icecream||2 scoops|
|Strawberry Crush||as per taste|
- Mix all ingredients in the grinder
- Add ice and spin again in grinder
- Add a fresh strawberry to garnish
ORANGE AND MINT SPRITZER
by Vaibhav Bhargava, Executive Chef at Mic drop
|Orange juice||200 ml|
|Mint leaves||10 g|
|Basil leaves||10 g|
|lemon juice||30 ml|
|Brown Sugar||15 g|
|Chaat Masala||2 g|
|Roasted Jeera Powder||2 g|
- Peel oranges, remove white threads and seeds
- Take orange wedges and keep aside and mint leaves cleaned and kept
- Take out the fresh juice from oranges from the juicer grinder
- In a shaker, muddle ginger, basil leaf, mint leaf, sugar, with a wooden muddled
- To it add lemon juice, jeera powder, chat masala and salt. Add soda and adjust consistency and spices as per your taste.
- Strain the drink and then add some orange chunks, mint leaf and lemon wedges in a glass with ice and pour the strained drink over it
- Garnish with mint and orange wedge
- Serve chilled
by Chef Deepak Bisht, Head Chef- Cayenne
|Lemon flavoured red Dasani Sparkling Water||1/4 cup|
|Lime flavoured d Dasani Sparkling Water||1/4 cup|
|Orange Juice||1/4 cup|
- For the summer cooler recipes, pour lemonade, lemon Dasani sparkling water, lime Dasani Sparkling water and orange juice into a pitcher and mix.
- Rim glass with salt if desired by turning glass upside down and dipping it into water then salt.
- Fill glass 2/3 full with ice, then pour the margarita over the top.
- Garnish with lime.
Jeera Kheera Lemonade
By Culinary Head, Mr. Souvik Gupta, LOFT
|Cucumber Puree/syrup||10 g|
|Lemon Masala||1 tbsp|
- Add fresh cucumber puree or syrup in a glass
- Add in a dash of Lemonade masala/ chat masala
- Mix these well
- Fill in the glass with ice cubes and add in a sprite
- Give the drink a stir and garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves
- Best served when cold