Thanks to coronavirus, our daily schedule has completely gone for a toss. And one thing you might need to keep yourself sane during the lockdown is cocktails. Whip up a concoction to have along with dinner or sip on some while working on that tedious project – no one’s judging. And, if you’re new to cocktail making, and want to learn the art, don’t worry, we got your back. Here are some easy yet amazing cocktail recipes you can try at home. Welcome aboard, new Mixologist of the house!
Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
by Gaurish Rangnekar – Head Mixologist & Owner at Barmobile
|Turmeric Powder||5 g|
|Lime Juice||5 ml|
|Bourbon / Scotch / Whisky||45 ml|
|Cinnamon Powder (optional)||2 g|
- In an old fashioned glass or a whiskey glass mix the turmeric powder with the honey and lime juice.
- Stir it a bit.
- Add some cinnamon powder if available.
- Add the whiskey and top up with 3 to 4 cubes of ice and stir again till chilled.
- Garnish with an orange wheel of a Cinnamon stick.
by Ummrao, Courtyard by Marriott
|Basil simple syrup||10 ml|
|Spicy hibiscus bitter||2 -3 dash|
- Add homemade basil simple syrup in a champagne flute.
- Add 3 dashes of spicy hibiscus bitters, mix it together properly and top up with champagne.
- Garnish with a fresh whole basil leaf.
Orange and Cinnamon Cooler
by mixologist Swapnil Pawar, Candy & Green
|Orange Juice||120 ml|
|Cinnamon powder||1/4 tsp|
|Lime juice||10 ml|
|Mint Leaves||6-8 nos|
|Orange for garnish||1 slice|
|Cinnamon for garnish||1 stick|
- Hand press mint leaves and shake them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Garnish the drink with a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick. This is one of the easiest cocktail recipes out there.
Apple Ginger Cordial
by bartender Pratik More, Sorrentina by Foodhall
|Fresh red apple and ginger cordial||45 ml|
|Apple and ginger chunks||As required|
- For this cocktail recipes mix the ingredients together and give them a good stir.
- Garnish the cocktail with apple & ginger slices
by mixologist Jason D`Souza, Gustoso
|Ingredients (for Chamomile cordial)||Qty|
|Dried chamomile flower||1 cup|
|Granulated sugar||2 cup|
|White Peppercorns||50 nos|
|Cinnamon stick||1 no|
|Lemon peel||1 lemon|
|Prange peel||1 orange|
Method (for Chamomile cordial)
- Combine all ingredients, except Brandy, in a pot and cook on medium-high heat until steaming hot.
- Allow this to steep on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Once down to near room temperature, run through a fine-mesh strainer and add the Brandy for fortification and flavour. This will keep indefinitely and may be stored at room temperature, or can be refrigerated.
Ingredients (for the cocktail)
|Chamomile Cordia||22 ml|
|Lemon juice||15 ml|
|Grapefruit juice||22 ml|
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker, add ice and shake hard.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass. Garnish with a Grapefruit peel.