The Chief Minister, Uddhav Thackeray has imposed section 144 in Maharashtra that will start from 8 pm on April 14 to May 1. Check out what is allowed and what is not here!
After observing the current spike in the Coronavirus cases in the state, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray imposed section 144 in Maharashtra from April 14.
The restrictions on the movement of people will start from 8 pm on April 14 and will remain in force till May 1. The government has allowed only essential services to operate in the state.
1. Local trains and bus services only for essential services.
2. Petrol pumps and financial institutions associated with SEBI.
3. Construction work
4. Take away and home delivery of food from restaurants and hotels before 8 pm.
5. E-commerce delivery only for essential goods and services.
6. Hospitals and other medical services.
7. Groceries, vegetables, and fruit shops.
8. Transportation of goods and water supply services.
9. Agriculture and farming related to activities.
10. Newspapers, magazines, periodicals to be printed and distributed. Home delivery is allowed.
11. Banks, ATMs, postal services.
12. Security services and electric and gas supply.
13. Roadside eatables can provide home delivery of products between 7 am to 8 pm.
14. Transportation services for people arriving from airports, railway stations, and bus stations.
15. Government offices can work with half capacity.
Services not allowed:
1. Cinema halls, theatres, auditoriums, amusement parks, gyms, and sports complexes.
2. Shootings for films, serials, and ads.
3. Shops, malls, shopping centres not offering essential services.
4. All places of worship to he closed.
5. Schools, colleges, coaching institutions.
6. Barber shops, spas, salons, and beauty parlours.
7. Public places like beaches, parks, open spaces.
8. Religious, social and political functions not to be held.
The rules will be valid till 7 am on May 1 as per the announcement by the government.
Be safe, people!