Mukta A2 Cinemas, one of India’s fastest-growing cinema chains, has reopened its theatres at 3 locations around the country from the 15thof November onwards, coinciding with the auspicious occasion of Diwali. Coming in the wake of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting’s decision to reopen the nation’s cinemas and multiplexes, Mukta has resumed operations in three cities –Bhopal, Ahmedabad, and the Jai Hind, Lalbaugh property in Mumbai.
This long-awaited occasion was marked by the big-screen debut of the Hindi comedy-drama ‘Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari’. After a prolonged period of enforced absence from the big screen, this event witnessed a full house at all three locations, as the public flocked to watch one of the first theatrical releases since the start of the lockdown.
To ensure the safety of its patrons and staff, Mukta has implemented the highest global standards of safety and hygiene and revamped every step of the movie-going experience to guarantee a contactless outing. These measures have been captured in a safety video posted to the Mukta A2 Cinemas Instagram page, and include:
- The implementation of social distancing norms through contactless procedures. Ticket bookings and the sale of snacks take place exclusively through the Mukta A2 Cinemas website and mobile application. Customers will self-check-in by scanning the QR code upon entry.
- Social distancing will be also be maintained during screenings. Guests will be seated and exited row-wise while maintaining the recommended meter-wide distance. Mukta A2’s ‘in-cinema seat separation’ method will ensure an empty seat between patrons.
- The prioritization of hygiene and sanitization standards: This will include the disinfection of all areas within a cinema’s premise, including the box office, security area, lobby, restrooms, and food and beverage stands. These measures will further be strengthened by the periodic deep cleaning and sanitization of strategic locations and daily deep cleaning of auditorium seats.
- The safety of patrons and guests will be achieved through temperature checks with non-invasive infrared thermometers upon entry, mandatory usage of masks, and availability of hand sanitizers at all touchpoints within the theatre
- All cinema employees will be held to the highest standards of cleanliness, with only medically-certified staff permitted to work. The usage of masks, gloves, and the Aarogya Setu app will be mandatory.