As the pandemic starts to slow down, things are picking up pace, and places are starting to open up. And if you’ve been waiting to hit the road and get the fresh air from the mountains, then you’re in luck. Uttarakhand reopens and with the local government’s permission, it is also open for tourists again. All of our favourite restaurants and homestays are also open, but they strictly need to follow the protocols.
Here’s everything you need to keep in mind before planning a trip to Uttarakhand.
- If you’re visiting from another town or city, then you’ll need to upload your COVID-19 test results on the Dehradun Smart City web portal. It is mandatory for all tourists to get registered on this portal.
- Your medical report will be verified by the concerned district authorities before you enter the state.
- To be able to stay at a hotel or homestay, you’ll need to show the RT PCR test report. This report should come from a lab authorized by the ICMR.
- You can have liquor through room service, as bars are not allowed to open.
- Although there are no restrictions on the number of days tourists can stay in Uttarakhand, homestays, and hotels are only allowed to take a minimum 7-day booking.
Uttarakhand reopens, but the scare of COVID-19 is still there. So if you plan on booking the rooms, make sure you take proper precautions.