As the country goes into extended lockdown, the government is trying to provide some relief especially, to the farmers and daily wage earners. Keeping them in mind, the home ministry has released revised coronavirus lockdown guidelines in India, putting forth a list of activities that will be allowed post 20 April. The activities which are permitted are also crucial for the agriculture sector and is expected to boost the job market. Although, strict coronavirus lockdown guidelines and protocols will be placed to reduce the COVID-19 scares.
Here’s the list of permitted activities according to the revised coronavirus lockdown guidelines in India:
- Agriculture and related activities: Farming operations, agencies engaged in the production of agriculture products will be functional. This also includes Mandis operated by APMC. Fisheries, plantation and Animal husbandry will be functional.
- Financial Sector: RBI and RBI regulated financial market, payment systems, and stand-alone primary dealers will be functional. Bank branches, ATM and IRDAI insurance companies are also on the list.
- Social Sector: Operations of home for children, disabled, mentally challenged, senior citizens, women, and widows will be functional.
- MNREGA Work: Priority will be given to irrigation and water conservation work.
- Health Services: Services like hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, medical laboratories, pharmaceutical labs, veterinary would remain functional. Construction of medical/health infrastructure including the manufacture of ambulances has been permitted.
- Public Utilities: The oil and Gas sector, postal services, water, sanitization, and waste management sector will be functional.
- Movement of goods and cargo: Transportation and goods parcel by train, operation of airport for the transport of cargo, movement, relief and evacuation work. Operation of seaports for cargo, operation of land ports for cross land border transportation of essential goods like LPG and medical supplies.
- Commercial and Privet establishments: Print and electronic media, IT services with 50% strength, E-commerce companies, courier services, cold storage and Wearhouse will be functional. Private security services for office and residential services, self-employed plumber, mechanic, IT repair and carpenters are allowed to function.
- Construction activities: Construction of roads, building, and industrial projects in rural areas are permitted.
- Movement of person: Private vehicles for an emergency including medical and veterinary care and for buying essential commodities are permitted. Only driver and one passenger in the backseat in case of a four-wheeler, and only driver in case of two-wheeler is permitted.
- Government offices: Defence, central armed forces, Health and family welfare, disaster management, food corporation among others to stay functional.