The country has been on lockdown since 25 March, and the end of this is nowhere near sight. Although the lockdown is only for 21 days, and the reason here is to control the transmission of the virus and flatten the curve. It’s prohibited to step out during this time for anything other than buying essentials. You might find yourself in a tricky situation that needs to step out. Don’t panic! There is a way you can sort out your emergencies without worrying about getting beaten up by the Delhi police. Just apply for a Movement Pass In Delhi.
What’s a Movement Pass?
According to the notice by Delhi Poice, a Movement Pass In Delhi is of two categories. First is for individuals with personal emergencies like need to visit the doctor/hospital, or for buying other essential items. And Second is for individuals engaged in the delivery of emergency/essential services within and outside Delhi during the movement period.
How to apply?
- Visit Delhi Police website (www.delhipolice.nic.in)
- Click on the ‘Movement Pass’ tab
- Create an account to log in
- Log in with your credentials
- Fill the application form available
- Upload your photograph and proof of identification (AADHAR card, driving license, PAN Card, passport, voter ID card)
- Submit your application
- You will be informed through SMS as soon as your movement pass is approved.
- Login to your account and download the Movement Pass. Keep it in your smartphone or take a printout to show it wherever required.